Actor Paul Mescal discusses how a "creepy" fan touched him inappropriately

Mescal, Paul

Paul Mescal, an Oscar nominee, expressed his rage after a fan touched him inappropriately after asking for a picture of him outside the theater where he was performing.

He admitted to ES Magazine that "as we posed for it, she put her hand on my ass.".

The Irish actor was outside the Almeida Theatre in London, where he was performing as the title character in A Streetcar Named Desire.

"I like [moved away] because I like thought it was an accident. But the hand kept going. I can still feel my muscles tensing up and my anger growing. ".

Mescal gave the following explanation when asked what he did next: "I turned to her and said, "What're you doing? Take your hand off my ass.". ".

It's uncomfortable for everyone involved, he told the newspaper, adding that calling someone out in front of the theater was "the last thing I want to do.".

But it really wasn't okay. It was creepy and revolting. ".

He continued by saying that while 97% of fame had thus far been "really nice," the remaining 3% had involved "somebody, like, grabbing your ass.".

Mescal's performance as Stanley in the Tennessee Williams play, which will move to the West End the following month, has received raving reviews.

The role of Calum, a man with mental health issues who goes on vacation with his daughter, age 11, in the movie Aftersun has earned him a nomination for best actor at this year's Oscars.

Frankie Corio with Paul Mescal
Paul Mescal and Frankie Corio co-star in the movie Aftersun.

Along with being a nominee for best actor at the Baftas, he is competing against Austin Butler for Elvis, Colin Farrell for The Banshees of Inisherin, Brendan Fraser for The Whale, and Bill Nighy for Living.

He said, "Look, I'm not going to win," in reference to the Oscars ceremony on March 12. As a result, the pressure is relatively low, and I can essentially just relax and take it all in.

. "

Source link

You've successfully subscribed to NewsNow
Great! Next, complete checkout to get full access to all premium content.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Unable to sign you in. Please try again.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Error! Stripe checkout failed.
Success! Your billing info is updated.
Billing info update failed.